9.14.2012

Discerning Promptings

Sometimes the hardest thing to me is receiving the answers to my prayers.  I doubt the thoughts that I have thinking they are my wishes, not God's.  I have never heard God speak in my head.  So how do I get answers?

My sister-in-law once said something to the effect of
"God can't direct a person if they are not moving."

We cannot expect God to tell us every choice we make.  That we sometimes have to step in the direction we think we need to go and then God will make it known to us if that is the right choice.  We will sometimes feel the answers during our prayers, and that is great.  But sometimes we have to exercise some faith and start moving forward and then God can guide us from there.  If it was right, he will open the doors for you.  If that choice was wrong, then He will put up road blocks and help guide and lead you another way.

I KNOW that God answers prayers.  I know that he loves to hear from us and that when we pray, we are "seeking and obtaining a private interview with him." - Marion G. Romney

Praying for the gift of discernment is a great way to develop an ability to understand and receive answers to prayers. 

But always remember:
"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks; Waiting patiently on the Lord, for you prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament-the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted... All things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord."- Doctrine and Covenants 98:1-3

Decide today to pray unto our Father who is in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment