9.30.2011

Ears to Hear

Lately, I have become more aware, or coming out of denial, of how sensitive my ears are.  I don't confess this very often, but I have very sensitive hearing.  I tend to hear people's conversations a lot just by sitting in the same area as they are.  I have a hard time NOT listening to what other people say around me.  I know it is not polite, but I have yet to figure out a devise that will turn my ears off.  Now that you know this, think about all the sounds that you hear in a normal day. Alarm, water, feet walking, voices, drawers open, drawers close, teeth brushed, door open, door shut, birds, wind, car unlock, car door, etc.  This was only probably the first hour that you were awake this morning.  That is a lot of things that we hear.  Are we aware of all the commotion that we hear each and everyday?  There is a lot of things going on in our lives.  But we need to make sure our ears are tuned into the correct things as we go about the day.  As we tune our ears into the Spirit, that Spirit that wispers softly to us, we can be stronger and greater tools for the Lord to help those people that we come in contact with.  In 3 Nephi 11:3 it explains an experience of hearing the Holy Ghost.  "And it came to pass that while they were thus conversing one with another, they heard a voice as if it came out of heaven; and they cast their eyes round about, for they understood not the voice which they heard; and it was not a harsh voice, neither was it a loud voice; nevertheless, and notwithstanding it being a small voice it did pierce them that did hear to the center..."  This video is an apostle talking about the still small voice and how we can tune our ears to hear and follow the Holy Ghost, and the blessings that come from listening to it. 





"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowldedge?  Where is knowledge we have lost in information?"

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate with have bad hearing in my one ear and it has been giving me more trouble as of late. My constant T.V. like static in it makes it really hard to tune in to a conversation especially when someone talking to me is on the right side, looks like the opposite problem of what you have. One thing I have noticed is how I have to be more alert to the small quiet voices and get rid of any outside distractions. Thanks for the spiritual reminder of the blessing of this constant reminder I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize you have sensitive ears. I have long been aware of your sensitive spiritual ears. Thanks for the reminder to listen more closely to the inner whisperings of the Holy Ghost. We have a great opportuntiy this weekend to hear the still small voice as well as the spoken word.

    ReplyDelete