7.26.2012

Article of Faith #9

No worries!  We are almost done!  Hang in there everyone :)

Article of Faith #9 states:
"We believe all that God has revealed,
all that He does now reveal,
and we believe that He will
yet reveal many great and
important things pertaining
to the Kingdom of God."

Now lets talk about things that God has revealed.  He revealed to all of us the 10 commandments and the other commandments from the Bible.  Now that is a lot of stuff to have revealed to us, but that is not ALL that God wants to reveal to us.

"And I do this that I may prove unto many
that I am the asame yesterday, today,
and forever; and that I speak forth my
bwords according to mine own pleasure.
And because that I have spoken one
cword ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another;
for my dwork is not yet finished;
neither shall it be until the end of man,
neither from that time henceforth and forever.
 10 Wherefore, because that
ye have a Bible ye need not suppose
that it contains all my awords;
neither bneed ye suppose
that I have not caused more to be written.
2 nephi 29:9-10

Another blessing of things that he has revealed is the Book of Mormon to support and build on the principles of the Bible.
"And the day cometh that the words of the book which were sealed shall be read upon the house tops; and they shall be read by the power of Christ; and all things shall be arevealed unto the children of men which ever have been among the children of men, and which ever will be even unto the end of the earth."
2 Nephi 27:11

When we are ready, Heavenly Father has more to reveal to us! 
"Now athese things are bwritten unto the cremnant of the house of Jacob; and they are written after this manner, because it is known of God that wickedness will not bring them forth unto them; and they are to be dhid up unto the Lord that they may come forth in his own due time.
 13 And this is the commandment which I have received; and behold, they ashall come forth according to the commandment of the Lord, when he shall see fit, in his wisdom."
Mormon 5:12-13



So why does Heavenly Father do this?  Because he is the greatest teacher of all and knows what we can handle and what he wants us to learn.

"For behold, thus saith the Lord God:
I will give unto the children of men line upon line,
precept upon aprecept, here a little and there a little;
and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts,
and lend an ear unto my counsel,
for they shall learn bwisdom;
 for unto him that creceiveth I will give dmore;
 and from them that shall say, We have enough,
from them shall be taken away even that which they have."
2 nephi 28:30



No comments:

Post a Comment