12.13.2011

Christmas = LOVE

When I think of Christmas, I think of excitement and adventure.  Present opening and family traditions. Decorations and hanging up lights.  This year, being on a mission, my mind has been thinking a lot more on what Christmas should mean to me and what my thoughts for Christmas should be.  There never was a Christmas that went by that we didn't talk about the Saviors birth or that we didn't read the story from the Bible at one point or another, but I have never had a Christmas where I was constantly thinking, everyday about the birth of the Savior during the holidays.  So as I have been studying the scriptures, here are some of the things that have stood out during the holiday season.

"And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.  And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child." Luke 2:16-17


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  1 Timothy 1:7 


"O be wise; what can I say more?" Jacob 6:12





"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."  1 John 4:10


"Is any thing too hard for the Lord?"  Genesis 18:14



"12. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."  1 John 4:12



These are all wonderful qualities and gifts that God has given us.  Lets do our best this holiday season to share these truths we know with others around us.
   

1 comment:

  1. I love how my son doesn't really understand Santa yet, but can tell you who baby Jesus is and can point Him out in any nativity!

    ReplyDelete